Happy Vernal Equinox and Happy FIRST International Day of Happiness! In Newfoundland it means a few more months of rain, drizzle and fog (the infamous RDF) but the sun lingers longer these days and for those into gardening, seed starting might be already underway. That makes us happier!
In the past couple of weeks my tired body has been on overdrive trying to fight my first cold in over a year. Between the sore throat, dripping nose, and cough, I received a gift of seeds from Cubit’s that warmed my achy heart.
I first heard of Cubit’s in October when they announced the Crowdfunding Farmraiser to raise funds to assist in the development of 14 acres of Ontario farmland. Their story attracted me from the start: young family, land, organic farming! A part of me was eager to be in their shoes, or should I say “rubber boots”. I have been following their adventures through their blog and twitter ever since. I guess Laura was following me back because a few weeks ago she asked me if I would like to host a giveaway on my blog. I didn’t hesitate. Help promoting a sustainable family business that offers organic, rare and heirloom seeds it’s right up my alley! Plus, as a member of FEASt I am a strong supporter of urban agriculture and growing your own food.
I chose and received 6 varieties. Some are easy to grow while others are a bit more challenging. Hopefully it will excite newer and more seasoned gardeners.
- On the comment section of this post write what you are most looking forward to plant this season. Perhaps, a new variety?
- The contest runs until Saturday, March 23rd, 11:59pm (NST) and a random winner will be chosen from the comments below;
- The winner will be notified via email. If there is no reply within 24h a new winner will be drawn;
- Laura from Cubit’s will mail the seeds to the lucky winner;
- Only open to Canadian residents.
- Organic Watermelon Radish Daikon (gorgeous inside!)
NOTE: This giveaway is closed and our winner is the comment #2. Congrats Katie!